Windsor was part of a 600 acre tract that was conveyed to Daniel S. Hylton by Charles Carter, trustee, in the William Byrd lottery of 1776. In the early years of the 19th century Windsor was owned and farmed by William Dandridge, nephew of Martha Washington, who was married to Susan Armistead. Charles F. Gillette, noted landscape architect, worked on the gardens for a period of fifty years beginning in 1919. The present house was built in 1945.
Geographic Location: Richmond (City)
Physical Description of Location: 4603-4699 Lilac Lane (at top of T intersection with Calycanthus Road), Richmond, VA 23221.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth