Winchester Marker, Q-4-A

At first called Fredericktown, it was founded in 1744, near a Shawnee Indian village, by Colonel James Wood, a native of the English city of Winchester. The town was situated in Lord Fairfax's proprietary of the Northern Neck. It was chartered in 1752.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1930
Region: Shenandoah Valley Region
Geographic Location: Winchester
Physical Description of Location: 1017 Millwood Pike (US 50), 200 feet east of intersection with Front Royal Pike (US 522), Winchester, VA 22602.
GPS Location: 39.1607336650,-78.1539593210
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth