Wilton Marker, V-1
Five miles southwest. The house was built by William Randolph, son of William Randolph of Turkey Island, early in the eighteenth century. It was Lafayette's headquarters, May 15-20, 1781, just before Cornwallis crossed the James in pursuit of him.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1928
Geographic Location: Henrico County
Physical Description of Location: Richmond, VA 23231. Located on New Market Road (Rt. 5), 0.75 miles southeast of the junction of New Market Road (Rt. 5) and Osbourne Turnpike. Marker is on the right when traveling southeast on New Market Road (Rt. 5).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth