This church, founded in 1792, was the mother church of Methodism in the Northern Neck of Virginia. The first camp meeting in this section was held here. Bishops Enoch George and David S. Doggett were members of this church. Bishop Joshua Soule, author of the constitution of the General Conference of the American Methodist Church, preached at meetings here.
Geographic Location: Lancaster County
Physical Description of Location: Located on Mary Ball Road (Rt. 3), 3 miles southeast of the junction of Mary Ball Road (Rt. 3) and Courthouse Road. Marker is on the right when traveling southeast on Mary Ball Road (Rt. 3).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth