A short distance south is Westover Church. It was first built on the James River near Westover House early in the seventeenth century. About 1730 the site was changed and the present building erected. Defaced in the Campaign of 1862, the church was reopened for worship in 1867.
Geographic Location: Charles City County
Physical Description of Location: Charles City, VA 23030. Located on John Tyler Memorial Hwy, 0.5 miles east of the intersection of John Tyler Memorial Hwy and Bameffs Road. Marker is on the right when traveling east on John Tyler Memorial Hwy.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth