This park was developed by the National Park Service, Interior Department, through the Civilian Conservation Corps, in conjunction with the Virginia Conservation Commission. It covers 1300 acres and was opened, June 15, 1936. It was originally included in "Clifts Plantation," patented by Nathaniel Pope about 1650, and became a part of Stratford estate when purchased by Thomas Lee in 1716.
Geographic Location: Westmoreland County
Physical Description of Location: Bottom of T intersection between Kings Highway (Virginia 3) and State Park Road (Virginia 347), Montross, VA 22520. Marker is on left when traveling east on Virginia 3, at entrance to Westmoreland State Park.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth