When Richmond County was formed in 1692, this place became the county seat and was known as Richmond (County) Courthouse. The present courthouse building was erected in 1748-49. The village was renamed Warsaw about 1846 in sympathy with the Polish struggle for liberty. It was the home of Congressman William A. Jones, advocate of Philippine independence.
Geographic Location: Richmond County
Physical Description of Location: Richmond Road (US 360), Warsaw, VA 22572. Marker is on right, just after crossing intersection with Main Street, in front of government building, when traveling east on US 360.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth