Three miles east is Warner Hall. The estate was patented about 1650 by Augustine Warner, who built the first house in 1674. Bacon, the Rebel, was here for a time in 1676. The later house, built about 1740 and burned in 1849, has been beautifully restored.
Geographic Location: Gloucester County
Physical Description of Location: Hayes, VA 23072. Located on George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17), 0.8 miles south of the junction of George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17) and State Route 614. Marker is on the left when traveling south on George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth