Ware Church Marker, NA-2
A mile east is Ware Church, built about 1693. Near by is Church Hill, another relic of colonial days. Not far distant is White Hall, a colonial mansion built by the Willis family.
Marker Information:Additional Information: Original Marker Replaced under Replacement Marker Program using Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21) Funds. A Federal program enacted into law in 1998.
Date Approved by DHR: 12/06/06
Year On Marker: 1928
Original Sponsor: Ware Episcopal Church
Geographic Location: Gloucester County
Physical Description of Location: Northeast corner of intersection between John Clayton Memorial Highway (Virginia 14) and Main Street (Virginia 3), Gloucester, VA 23061.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth