containertop

Trinity Church Marker, QC-1

Known originally as Augusta Parish Church, it was founded in 1746 as the County Parish. The Virginia General Assembly met here in June 1781 to avoid capture by British Raiders. The present church was erected in 1855 and was used by the Virginia Theological Seminary during the War Between the States. The first Bishop of Virginia, James Madison, was a member of this church.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1962
Region: Shenandoah Valley Region
Geographic Location: Staunton
Physical Description of Location: 200-298 W Beverley Street, Staunton, VA 24401.
GPS Location: 38.1492087330,-79.07528840
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth
containerbottom