Boyce was established in 1880 at the intersection of the newly constructed Shenandoah Valley Railroad (now Norfolk Southern) and the road between the Shenandoah River and Winchester (formerly the Winchester and Berry's Ferry Turnpike). First known as Boyceville, the village was named for Col. Upton Boyce (1832-1937), who settled in the area after the Civil War and whose influence secured funding for the railroad. Incorporated as Boyce in 1910, this railroad town retains its handsome 1913 passenger and freight station, 1908 bank, and churches, stores, and residences from that era. Department of Historic Resources, 1999
Geographic Location: Clarke County
Physical Description of Location: Boyce, VA 22620. Located on Lord Halifax Hwy (Hwy 340), 1.75 miles northeast of the intersection of Lord Halifax Hwy (Hwy 340) and John Mosby Hwy (Hwy 17). Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on Lord Halifax Hwy (Hwy 340).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth