First Farm Demonstration Agent in Virginia lived one mile south. Appointed State Agent in 1907. Under his able leadership programs in Farm and Home Demonstration work, Boys Corn Clubs and Girls Canning Clubs were developed. In 1914 the Agency was transferred to the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and became the Extension Service now embracing mens and womens work and 4-H clubs.
Geographic Location: Nottoway County
Physical Description of Location: Marker is on West Virginia Avenue (US 460 Westbound) about .25 miles west of the intersection of 460 and Rocky Ford Road (State Route T-607), Crewe, VA 23930. Marker is on right when traveling west on 460.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth