Two miles east is Toddsbury, home of the Todd family, built in 1722. Farther east, in Mathews County, are the old homes, Green Plains, Auburn, and Midlothian. Some miles beyond them is Gwynn's Island, where General Andrew Lewis drove the last royal governor, Lord Dunmore, from Virginia soil, July, 1776.
Geographic Location: Gloucester County
Physical Description of Location: Gloucester Courthouse, VA 23061. Located at the junction of Main Street (Hwy 17) and John Clayton Hwy (Rt. 3)
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth