Here is the site of "the New Church of Kecoughtan," built before 1667 on Pembroke Farm as the third church of Elizabeth City Parish, established in 1610. It was a frame building and its brick foundation and some early colonial tombstones remain. When the town of Hampton was founded in 1691, this church lay outside it, and in 1727 was ordered to be replaced by a fourth parish church within the town, the existing St. John's Church, Hampton.
Geographic Location: Hampton
Physical Description of Location: Hampton, VA 23669. Located on West Pembroke Avenue (Rt. 351), 0.2 miles east of the intersection of West Pembroke Avenue (Rt. 351) and Lasalle Avenue. Marker is on the left when traveling east on West Pembroke Avenue (Rt. 351).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth