The first church on this site was built in 1734 and was in Truro Parish. George Washington was elected a vestryman, October 3, 1763. In 1765 the church fell within the newly created Fairfax Parish, of which Washington was chosen a vestryman. The present church was built in 1768. It was used as a recruiting station in the Revolution and as a stable by Union troops, 1862-65.
Geographic Location: Falls Church
Physical Description of Location: 123-199 East Fairfax Street, Falls Church, VA 22046. Marker is in front of church.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth