This place, first known as Taylorsville for George Taylor, early settler, was established in 1792 after the formation of Patrick County. In 1849 it contained about fifty dwellings. The name was changed to Stuart for General J. E. B. Stuart, C.S.A., who was born in the county. The courthouse was built in 1852 and remodeled in 1928.
Geographic Location: Patrick County
Physical Description of Location: 110-120 W Blue Ridge St (Route 8), Stuart, VA 24171. Marker is on right when traveling east on Blue Ridge, just prior to intersection with N Main Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth