St. Peter’s Church Marker, WO-13
Two miles northeast is St. Peter's Church, built in 1703 in English bond. David Mossom, rector there for forty years, was the minister who married George Washington. According to one tradition, the wedding took place at St. Peter's Church.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1930
Geographic Location: New Kent County
Physical Description of Location: 7401 New Kent Hwy (Route 249 eastbound), Quinton, VA 23141. Marker is on right just prior to intersection with Emmaus Church Road (State Route 609).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth