St. John’s Church Marker, OC-18
This was the parish church of St. John's Parish, formed in 1680. It was built in 1734. Earlier churches stood at West Point and about one mile north of this site. Carter Braxton, Revolutionary Statesman, was a vestryman. Preserved by joint effort.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1965
Geographic Location: King William County
Physical Description of Location: West Point, VA 23181. Located on King William Road (Rt. 30), 1.25 miles southeast of the intersection of King William Road (Rt. 30) and East Garden Road. Marker is on the left when traveling southeast on King William Road (Rt. 30).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth