St. John’s Church Marker, KO-1
Founded about 1643 and formerly known as Chuckatuck Church. The present building, the third on or near the site, was built in 1755 and is the second oldest church building in Nansemond County. Renamed St. John's Church in 1828.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1961
Geographic Location: Suffolk
Physical Description of Location: 700-788 Kings Highway (Virginia 125), 1.1 miles east of intersection with Virginia 10, Suffolk, VA 23432. Marker is in front of St. John's Church.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth