Formerly St. James Evangelical and Reformed Church, this is the oldest active congregation of the German Reformed tradition in Virginia. Lovettsville, a German settlement, was founded by settlers of the Reformed faith in 1733. Early records indicate that Elder William Wenner, the first leader of the Lovettsville congregation, arrived in the area as early as 1720.
Geographic Location: Loudoun County
Physical Description of Location: Lovettsville, VA 20180. Located on Milltown Road (Rt. 673), less than 1/5 of a mile southeast of the intersection of Milltown Road (Rt. 673) and South Berlin Pike (Rt. 287). Marker is on the right when traveling southeast on Milltown Road (Rt. 673).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth