Site of Black’s Fort Marker, K-48
The fort, built in 1776, stood a short distance to the south. Here the first court of Washington County was held, January 28, 1777.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1927
Geographic Location: Washington County
Physical Description of Location: Southeast corner of E Main Street (US 11) and Pecan Street SE, Abingdon, VA 24210. Marker is on right when traveling north on US 11.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth