Signal Stations Marker, J-15
The hilltop northeast of this spot is Cole's Hill. The mountain to the west is Mount Pony. Both were used by Pope as signal stations, 1862.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1946
Geographic Location: Culpeper County
Physical Description of Location: Culpeper, VA 22701. Located on Germanna Hwy (Rt. 3), 2.25 miles east of the intersection of Germanna Hwy (Rt. 3) and James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15). Marker is on the right when traveling east on Germanna Hwy (Rt. 3).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth