Shenandoah County Marker, Z-125
Formed in 1772 from Frederick, and first named Dunmore for Lord Dunmore, Governor of Virginia 1771-75. In 1778 the county was renamed for the Shenandoah River.
Marker Information:Additional Information: Prior to January 12, 1778, Shenandoah County was originally called Dunmore County.
Year On Marker: 1929
Geographic Location: Page County
Physical Description of Location: Marker located at summit of gap at county line on US 211, New Market, VA 22844. Marker is on right when traveling east on US 211.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth