Nearby a monument marks the site of the second church at Kecoughtan (later Hampton), built in 1624 for Elizabeth City Parish, established 1610 and now the oldest Protestant parish in continuous existence in America. This building was replaced before 1667 by a third parish church west of the town and was pulled down in 1698.
Geographic Location: Hampton
Physical Description of Location: Hampton, VA 23669. Located on East Tyler Street, 0.2 miles west of the junction of East Tyler Street and Settlers Landing Road (Hwy 60). Marker is on the right when traveling west on East Tyler Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth