It was named for Sabot Island, supposed to resemble a wooden shoe. Sabot Hill was the home of James A. Seddon, member of Congress and Confederate Secretary of War, 1862-65, who built the house in 1855. It was visited by Dahlgren in his raid, March 1, 1864.
Geographic Location: Goochland County
Physical Description of Location: Located on River Road West (Rt. 6), 0.4 miles west of the junction of River Road West (Rt. 6) and State Route 644. Marker is on the right when traveling west on River Road West (Rt. 6).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth