Russell’s Fort Marker, X-7
On the hill to the north stood Russell's Fort, an important link in the chain of forts built to protect settlers on Clinch River in the Indian War of 1774. William Russell, who established it, was a prominent soldier of the Revolution.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1932
Geographic Location: Russell County
Physical Description of Location: County Road 683, about 1 mile east of intersection with Trail of the Lonesome Pine (US 58 Alt), St Paul, VA 24283.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth