The Rockfish meetinghouse was established here by 1746, making it one of the oldest Presbyterian churches in the region. James McCann conveyed land for a church and school. Samuel Black became the first pastor of the church in 1747. Thomas Mason built a new frame structure for the congregation about 1771. The present Greek Revival brick structure was constructed by 1854. Further modifications have been made to the building and grounds since that time, including an addition completed in 1995.
Geographic Location: Nelson County
Physical Description of Location: 5000-5022 Rockfish Valley Hwy (Route 151), Faber, VA 22938. Marker is in front of Rockfish Church.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth