Roanoke County Marker, Z-216
Formed in 1838 from Botetourt and Montgomery, and probably named for the Roanoke River. General Andrew Lewis lived here. The city of Roanoke is known as the Magic City of the South.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1942
Geographic Location: Roanoke County
Physical Description of Location: 1-79 Blue Ridge Boulevard (US 460 and US 221) at intersection with Avery Road, Roanoke, VA 24012.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth