This fertile region was known as Richlands from an early period. In 1782 and later Richlands was a militia station for frontier defense. The town was laid off in 1890, with the coming of the Norfolk and Western Railroad, and was incorporated in 1891. It is the center of an agricultural section.
Geographic Location: Tazewell County
Physical Description of Location: Intersection of Governor George C. Perry Highway (US 460) and Patteson Street, Richlands, VA 24641. Marker is on right when traveling west on US 460.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth