Red House Marker, FR-3
This old tavern was built by Martin Hancock about 1813 on the site of his earlier cabin. It was a noted stopping place and trade center on the old south road to the West.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1929
Geographic Location: Charlotte County
Physical Description of Location: Madison, VA 23963. Located on Co. Road 727, less than 1/5 of a mile north of the intersection of Co. Road 727 and Co. Road 615. Marker is on the left when traveling north on Co. Road 727.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth