Randolph-Macon Woman’s College Marker, Q-6-14

Founded by Dr. William Waugh Smith in 1891 and opened in 1893 as a member of the Randolph-Macon System of Educational Institutions, this Liberal Arts College has been recognized from its opening year for its high standards of scholarship. The scenic campus of 100 acres extends to the James River.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1951
Region: Blue Ridge and Central Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Lynchburg
Physical Description of Location: Lynchburg, VA 24503. Located on Rivermont Avenue, 0.75 miles east of the junction of Rivermont Avenue and Langhorne Road. Marker is on the left when traveling east on Rivermont Avenue.
GPS Location: 37.436547,-79.1732
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth