Randolph-Macon Medical School Marker, F-69
Just to the west was the medical school of John Peter Mettauer, which became a branch of Randolph-Macon College in 1847. It was discontinued, probably in 1861. Dr. Mettauer, one of the leading surgeons of the day, practiced until his death in 1875.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1947
Geographic Location: Prince Edward County
Physical Description of Location: Farmville Road (US 15), about .5 miles south of intersection with County Road 692. Marker is on right when traveling south on US 15.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth