Randolph-Macon Academy, a Methodist preparatory school for boys, occupied a building on this site from 1890 until 1934 when the school was consolidated with the Randolph-Macon Academy at Front Royal. In 1936, the property was purchased by Bedford County. Liberty Academy, a public and consolidated elementary school, occupied the building until 1964. The large and imposing Romanesque-style structure designed by W. M. Poindexter of Washington, D.C., was later demolished.
Geographic Location: Bedford (City)
Physical Description of Location: Bedford, VA 24523. Located on College Street, 0.25 miles west of the intersection of College Street and Peake Street (Rt. 43). Marker is on the left when traveling west on College Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth