The town sprang up at the coming of the railroad and was first known as Martin's Tank. Governor John Floyd lived near by. The county seat was moved here from Newburn in 1894. The town, like the county, was named for Count Casimir Pulaski, killed in the siege of Savannah, 1779. It was incorporated in 1886. Zinc and iron were early industries.
Geographic Location: Pulaski County
Physical Description of Location: Southwest corner of intersection between S Washington Avenue (US 11) and 1st Street NW, Pulaski, VA 24301.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth