Prestwould Plantation Marker, F-95

The second William Byrd obtained land here about 1730 and named the place "Blue Stone Castle." The estate extended ten miles along Roanoke River. Before the Revolution Sir Peyton Skipwith came into possession and built the present house, which he named Prestwould.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1930
Region: Southside Region
Geographic Location: Mecklenburg County
Physical Description of Location: 6242-6318 U.S. 15, Clarksville, VA 23927. Marker is on right when traveling south on 15, just prior to intersection with Presould Drive (State Route 1601).
GPS Location: 36.657076,-78.560397
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth