Point of Honor stands half a mile to the northeast. Built for Dr. George Cabell Sr. in 1815, this refined Federal-style house is stylistically linked to dwellings in Richmond such as the Hancock-Wirt-Caskie House. According to local tradition, duels were fought on the property. Cabell onwed the 750-acre plantation on which the house stands, as well as a nearby tobacco warehouse. Point of Honor retains most of its original architectural features and after its restoration the house was opened to the public as a museum in 1977.
Year On Marker: 2006
Original Sponsor: Private Sponsor
Geographic Location: Lynchburg
Physical Description of Location: Lynchburg, VA 24504. Located on 5th Street (Rt. 163), less than 1/5 of a mile west of the intersection of 5th Street (Rt. 163) and Rivermont Avenue. Marker is on the right when traveling west on 5th Street (Rt. 163).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth