Four miles southeast is Point of Fork, near which an Indian village stood in 1607. In the Revolution a state arsenal was there. In June, 1781, Simcoe, sent by Cornwallis with a small force to destroy the stores there, succeeded in making Baron Steuben, the American commander, believe the whole British army to be near. Steuben retreated, leaving the stores to be destroyed.
Geographic Location: Fluvanna County
Physical Description of Location: Bremo Bluff, VA 23022. Located at the intersection of James Madison Hwy (Hwy 15) and Route 6.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth