This building was begun in 1769 and completed by 1774, succeeding an earlier church two miles to the south. It was the lower church of Truro Parish, established in 1732, the parish of Mount Vernon and Gunston Hall. George William Fairfax, George Washington and George Mason, vestrymen, were members of the building committee under which the church was constructed.
Geographic Location: Fairfax County
Physical Description of Location: Lorton, VA 22079. Located on Richmond Hwy (Hwy 1), less than 1/5 of a mile west of the intersection of Richmond Hwy (Hwy 1) and Telegraph Road (Rt. 611). Marker is on the left when traveling west on Richmond Hwy (Hwy 1).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth