Park Church was built in 1723 for the newly established Drysdale Parish. It stood on the west side of this road, two and one-half miles above Newtown. The brick church was cruciform in shape with arms approximately 75 feet long. It was known as Park Church because of its proximity to Beverley Park, home of Robert Beverley, Jr., colonial historian of Virginia. The congregation declined in numbers when the Church of England was disestablished following the American Revolution. The church finally was abandoned in 1801.
Geographic Location: King and Queen County
Physical Description of Location: Newtown, VA 23009. Located on Newton Road, 0.25 miles west of the junction of Newton Road and Indian Neck Road. Marker is on the right when traveling west on Newton Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth