Old Telegraph Line Marker, E-62
One of the first telegraph lines in the world, a part of the Washington-New Orleans Telegraph Company, was built from Washington to Petersburg in 1847. From this the road took its name.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1929
Geographic Location: Fairfax County
Physical Description of Location: Lorton, VA 22079. Located on Richmond Hwy (Hwy 1), less than 1/5 of a mile west of the intersection of Richmond Hwy (Hwy 1) and Telegraph Road (Rt. 611). Marker is on the left when traveling west on Richmond Hwy (Hwy 1).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth