Tradition has it that the church near by was built where Moravian and Lutheran missionaries preached soon after the revolution. Here, in 1796, Lutherans held services and, a little later, organized their first congregation in this section. In 1828, the Lutheran synod of North Carolina met here and consecrated the church.
Geographic Location: Roanoke (City)
Physical Description of Location: 3800-3858 Brandon Avenue SW, Roanoke, VA 24018. Marker is about .15 miles south of intersection with Peters Creek Road NW.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth