Adjacent to and named for this stream, Wabash Campground was exemplary of a religious and social institution, indeed of a way of life, which flourished during the 19th century. Hundreds of families would camp for two weeks or more while attending the revival meetings first held here in 1834. The campground functioned until the early 1900's, when the large shed used during worship and many family shelters were destroyed by fire.
Geographic Location: Giles County
Physical Description of Location: Central, VA 24167. Located on Pulaski Giles Turnpike (Rt. 100), 2 miles north of the junction of Pulaski Giles Turnpike (Rt. 100) and Walkers Creek Valley Road. Marker is on the right when traveling north on Pulaski Giles Turnpike (Rt. 100).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth