The courthouse was moved to Eastville in 1677, and court has been held here ever since. The old courthouse was built about 1731; from its door the Declaration of Independence was read, August 13, 1776. Militia Barracks were here during the Revolution. Just behind the courthouse is the debtors' prison
Geographic Location: Northampton County
Physical Description of Location: 16414 Courthouse Rd, Cape Charles, VA 23310.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth