Lord Fairfax worshipped here in the “Old Chapel” of colonial Frederick Parish, established 1738. This stone building dates from 1790 and witnessed the early ministry (1810–1885) of Bishop Meade. Governor Edmund Randolph and Col. Nathaniel Burwell lie in this burying ground with relatives, and neighbors.
Geographic Location: Clarke County
Physical Description of Location: Boyce, VA 22620. Located on Bishop Meade Road, less than 1/5 of a mile south of the intersection of Bishop Meade Road and Lord Halifax Hwy (Hwy 340). Marker is on the right when traveling south on Bishop Meade Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth