The original or southwest wing was erected about 1758 as a church for the newly-formed Tillotson Parish. It was abandoned following the Disestablishment of the Anglican Church in Virginia in 1784, and thereafter was acquired by the Buckingham Baptist Congregation, organized in 1771. It continues in use as the meeting house of Buckingham Baptist Church.
Geographic Location: Buckingham County
Physical Description of Location: Dillwyn, VA 23936. Located on North Madison Hwy (Hwy 15), 0.75 miles southwest of the intersection of North Madison Hwy (Hwy 15) and Cartersville Road. Marker is on the left when traveling southwest on North Madison Hwy (Hwy 15).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth