Old Brunswick Courthouse Marker, S-65
Here the first courthouse of Brunswick County was built about 1732. In 1746, when the county was divided, the county seat was moved east near Thomasburg. In 1783, after Greensville County had been formed, the courthouse was moved to Lawrenceville.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1929
Geographic Location: Brunswick County
Physical Description of Location: Alberta, VA 23821. Located on Boydton Plank Road (Hwy 1), less than 1/5 of a mile northeast of the intersection of Boydton Plank Road (Hwy 1) and Christanna Hwy (Rt. 46). Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on Boydton Plank Road (Hwy 1).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth