Oak Grove Methodist Church Marker, WY-16
Two miles east, on Rte. 600, meets what is possibly the nation's oldest continuous Sunday School. Begun by William Elliott in his home in 1785, it was moved in 1818 to Burton's Chapel and in 1870 to the present church.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1957
Geographic Location: Accomack County
Physical Description of Location: Melfa, VA 23410. Southeast intersection of Rt. 13 and Wachapreague Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth