Northampton County Marker, Z-1
One of the original shires formed in 1634 and named Accomac. In 1643 the name was changed to Northampton for an English county. This county was Governor Berkeley's stronghold in the rebellion of 1676.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1928
Geographic Location: Accomack County
Physical Description of Location: Exmore, VA 23350. Located on Charles M. Lankford Jr. Memorial Hwy, 0.6 miles northeast of the intersection of Charles M. Lankford Jr. Memorial Hwy and Belle Haven Road (Rt. 178). Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on Charles M. Lankford Jr. Memorial Hwy.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth