This is the church of North Farnham Parish, built about 1737. In 1814, a skirmish was fought here between raiders from Admiral Cockburn's British fleet and Virginia militia; bullet holes are still visible in the walls. The church was used as a stable by Union soldiers, 1863-65. It was restored in 1872, damaged by fire in 1887 and restored again in 1924.
Geographic Location: Richmond County
Physical Description of Location: Intersection of N Farnham Church Road (State Route 692) and Canal Road, Farnham, VA 22460.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth