Norfolk County Courthouse Marker, WP-7
One-half mile west is the last courthouse of Norfolk County. It was built in 1962 and is now the Courthouse of the City of Chesapeake. Continuous court records beginning in 1637 are preserved there.
Marker Information:Additional Information: Marker reported missing, no Commonwealth or Federal replacement funding available. Will only be replaced if a private sponsor funds replacement.
Geographic Location: Chesapeake
Physical Description of Location: Chesapeake, VA 23322. Located on Battlefield Blv South (Rt. 168), 0.4 miles north of the intersection of Battlefield Blv South (Rt. 168) and Mt. Pleasant Road (Rt. 165). Marker is on the left when traveling north on Battlefield Blv South (Rt. 168).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth